Terms & Conditions
- This service (DoGood) is operated by Surgeon Noonan Project U.C.C. Our website name ‘DoGood’ is equivalent to Surgeon Noonan Project U.C.C. who are a registered charity with the Irish charities regulator (Registered Charity Number: 20025571 CHY Number: 10103). All profits with this site go towards supporting Surgeon Noonan Project U.C.C.’s mission to provide aid and medical supplies to hospitals in rural Sub-Saharan Africa.
- In these terms:
- ‘We’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means Surgeon Noonan Project U.C.C; and
- ‘You’ or ‘your’ means any person accessing or using our website.
- ‘Vendor’ or ‘seller’ means any person listing a product for sale on our website.
- ‘Buyer’ means any person purchasing a product through our website.
- DoGood is an online marketplace which lets vendors decide their own donation rate (commission rate) on each product they add, from 10 to 100% donation in increments of 10%. The donation rate you select decides how much of your sale is donated to us. This donation rate will be visible with your product for other users to see the rate you are donating. Through our website, you can search for items, log in to your account and view other users profiles (each user has a unique and public URL) via our website.
- This document and any documents referred to within it, set out the terms of your relationship with us. It is important that you read and understand these terms before using our service. If there is anything you do not understand, please contact us here.
- You are not entitled to any compensation from us, for any reason, as a result of using this service. By using this service you agree that you are doing so at your own risk. While we will take every precaution possible to maintain the security and integrity of our site, we cannot be held responsible or liable for any issues arising from using the service.
- We may revise or change these terms of service from time to time and any changes made will begin to take effect 3 days after we notify you through email, site announcement, site pop-ups or other means. Your continues use of the service constitutes acceptance of such changes and to our revised terms of service in full.
- If you break our terms of service and we do not take any action against you immediately, this does not mean we have forfeited or given up any right we have and we may still take action in the future.
- These terms of service do not create any partnership, agency, employment or joint venture between you and Surgeon Noonan Project U.C.C.
- By using and accessing the service, you agree to and accept these terms of service in their entirety. If you do not agree to these terms, you should not use the service.
- Your Account
- To use our service, you must set up an account with us. We strongly encourage you to use a ‘strong’ password that includes a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols when registering your account.
- You must be at least 13 years of age and capable of entering into a legally binding agreement in your country of residence to use our service.
- You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login and account details as well as any activity that occurs under your account. If you are concerned that your account may have been misused or the security of your account may have been compromised, please contact us here.
- We reserve the right to deactivate your account at any time if we suspect you of acting in poor faith, against our ethos or if we suspect you have breached our terms of service.
- If we suspect you acting in poor faith, against our ethos or of breaching our terms of service, we reserve the right to freeze all payments to your account. If this occurs, it is your responsibility to provide sufficient evidence in support of your case. If you do not provide sufficient evidence in your defence, we may deactivate your account and any outstanding funds in your account will be forfeited.
- We may provide advertising to you through the service or by other means such as by email.
3. The Marketplace
- Our service allows you to buy and sell items in a feel-good way as a percentage of each sale is donated to our charity.
- You can sell your items through our service by using our ‘add a product’ template. Items added to our site for the purpose of selling are referred to as the ‘sale item’. When a user of our service purchases such sale item, this is referred to as a ‘sale transaction’
- Sale transactions may only take place through our website, using our third-party payment provider – Stripe.
- By entering into a sale agreement, you agree to Stripe’s Service Agreement, as the same may be modified by Stripe at any time.
- You must ensure to provide accurate and complete information to us and to Stripe.
- By using our service, you agree to us sharing information and payment instructions with Stripe to process your payment.
- To safeguard our users, you are not permitted to sell or purchase a sale item outside of the payment methods provided on our website. This includes making direct arrangements with the buyer or the seller to use payment methods other than the payment method offered by us, via this service. Please note that selling or purchasing a sale item in any other way is a breach of our terms and may result in, among other things, suspension or termination of your account and access to the service.
- We may change or update the service at any time to improve the experience for our users. In order to do this we may need to reset, change or stop offering certain services or features. You agree that changes and updates are a key component of this service and disruptions or changes may arise as a result.
- It is important to us that our service is a positive experience for all our users. We ask that you honour any commitments you make to another user in relation to the sale or purchase of an item.
- Any agreement for and/or purchase of a sale item is made solely between you and the seller. Sellers maintain the ability to set their own prices at all times.
- Complaints, questions and claims related to a sale item should be directed to the seller. Where users are unable to resolve an issue relating to a sale transaction between themselves, we will attempt to mediate such disputes. However, we are not responsible or liable for disputes arising from a sale transaction and our involvement in mediation between parties is at our own discretion.
- We may hold your earnings from any sale on DoGood for 28 days (‘Guarantee period’) or until our pay-out day at the end of each month, whichever is later. This is to protect our users and to provide a refund period and quality guarantee on all items sold through DoGood.
- You are responsible for requesting a withdrawal of earnings after 28 days. Failure to do so may result in a further delayed pay-out of funds. At our discretion, we may also automatically pay-out funds following the guarantee period.
- It is your responsibility to provide accurate and up-to-date information to your account (particularly relating to any payment information required) prior to uploading a product. Failure to add information or adding incorrect information may result in a loss of your earnings.
- As we are not the seller of any sale items on our website, we give no commitment nor have any control over the quality, safety, genuineness or legality of sale items, the accuracy or truth of any description or picture of a sale item or of any other content made available by users, the ability of sellers to sell items, the ability of buyers to pay for a sale item or that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction or return the sale item and we have no liability in this respect.
- When creating a vendor or seller account on our site you grant us permission to share some of your personal information such as your name, email and phone number with other users for the purpose of contacting you in relation to your listed items. If you wish to remove or hide any of your personal information from the site you should make contact before registering or if you decide to remove your personal information at any time you should contact us and we will process this for you as quickly as possible.
- Following a purchase, it is the responsibility of the buyer to make contact with the seller(s) of their item(s) to arrange delivery/local meet-up through our ‘live chat’ or ‘get support’ functions. If you do not make contact with your seller, you may not be entitled to a refund.
- When pinning the location of your store you should not pin your home address. You must pin a local landmark so that your home address cannot be identified. You understand that by pinning the location of your item on our map you are doing so at your own risk and we cannot be held responsible for any damages that arise from using our map feature. You are not required to pin your items to the map and you may remove their associated pinned location at any time in your dashboard.
5. Your Content:
- You confirm that the information provided by you in the form of images, sounds or text (‘user content’) while using this service will meet our Acceptable Use Policy.
- You grant us a complete worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, irrevocable and perpetual license to use, copy, distribute, reproduce, adapt, re-format, modify, license, sub-license, transfer and exploit the user content (including any intellectual property rights therein) anywhere and in any form.
- We do not moderate any user content before it is added to our website. We may later check, moderate, reject or delete any user content if we believe it breaks our Acceptable Use Policy or if we believe it is against the ethos of Surgeon Noonan Project U.C.C.
- Removed user content may continue to be stored by us.
- We shall not be responsible for the loss of any user content. It is your responsibility to maintain a backup of all content submitted to this service.
- Acceptable Use Policy:
- In addition to the other terms outlined in this document, this section describes specific rules that apply to the use of the service.
- You must provide an accurate email address in your account details and you must ensure it remains active and is regularly checked.
- You are responsible for all taxes (including any associated penalties, charges, fines and/or late payment interest) relating to your sales of items through the service. You are responsible for complying with all applicable laws in relation to such taxes and you shall promptly provide us with any information we require to verify such compliance. You shall reimburse us for any costs we incur as a result of your failure to comply with these terms.
- When using the service, you must not:
- Create more than one account, unless you contact us and have received written agreement.
- Provide false or misleading information in your account details.
- Permit any other person to use the service under your name or on your behalf unless such person is authorised by you.
- Use the service if you have been suspended or banned.
- Send repetitive messages or emails such as junk or spam to other users.
- Engage or facilitate any illegal activities using this service, including selling or intentionally purchasing any fake or counterfeit items or any other items that breach the rights of another party, and must comply with all legal requirements relating to the sale or purchase of sale items. This includes but is not limited to import and export rules, the listing of age-restricted content, distance selling and cooling off period rights which may apply
- Interfere, modify, disrupt or hack this service.
- Misuse the service by knowingly introducing viruses, worms, trojans or other such malware which would disrupt or harm the service or any of its users.
- Collect any data from the service outside of what is agreed in the terms of service.
- Submit or contribute to any user content (including descriptions and comments relating to sale items) that contains any illegal content, violence or nudity, is abusive, threatening, harassing, obscene, bullying, misleading, offensive, derogatory, untrue or uses bad language, as Surgeon Noonan Project U.C.C. may decide in its absolute discretion.
- Unfairly or illegally manipulate any rating system or user feedback system.
- Upload the same item twice or delete and reupload an item. This may result in us permanently deleting the item and you being permanently banned.
- Submit any user content without the permission of the content owner or otherwise infringe on any trademark, copyright or other rights of any third parties.
- List or purchase any items we have listed as prohibited items. The list of prohibited items is liable to change and you should ensure to read this list prior to uploading any items. We have a zero tolerance policy for the sale, promotion or advertisement of alcohol, drugs, drug paraphernalia, tobacco, tobacco paraphernalia or any related products.
- Purchase or sell a sale item by making direct arrangements with the buyer or seller using a payment method other than what is available through this service.
- Submit or contribute any information or commentary relating to another person, without that person’s written permission, or post private or confidential information, including, but not limited to, your or any other person’s credit card information, non-public phone numbers, non-public email addresses or any national identification numbers such as PPS number or relevant alternative.
- Screen scrape, mine data or crawl any part of the service.
- Copy, adapt, vary, edit, distribute or commercialise any content from our service without expressed written permission from Surgeon Noonan Project U.C.C.
- Circumvent or avoid any technical measures implemented to protect or provide the service.
- Use the service to dropship items.
- Failure to comply with our Acceptable Use Policy constitutes a serious breach of our terms of service and may result in us taking any or all of the following actions (with or without notice, and entirely at our discretion)
- Immediate, permanent or temporary removal of your rights to use our service.
- Immediate, permanent or temporary removal of any user content
- Freezing of any outstanding funds to be paid to you. If it is deemed that you have earned funds through a violation of our terms of service, these funds (and any other outstanding funds in your account) will be returned to the buyer or confiscated, at our discretion. By breaching our terms of service you forfeit all outstanding funds to be paid to you and acknowledge that we are not required to pay out to any user who has breached our terms of service.
- Issue a warning to you
- Legal action against you including proceedings for reimbursements of the costs associated with your breach including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs.
- Disclosure of such information to An Garda Síochána or other law enforcement.
- We may temporarily withdraw your rights to our service during any investigation into any suspected breach of our terms of service
- The actions described in this document are not limited, and we may proceed to take any action that we deem appropriate.
6. Resolving Disputes
Disputes With Us:
- If you have a dispute with us relating to our service, please first contact our support team and we will attempt to resolve the dispute informally.
Disputes With Other Users:
- For disputes with other users, you should contact your seller directly and resolve the issue with them. If your disputes relate to an item purchased within the past 14 days you may be eligible for a refund. Read more on our 14-day money-back guarantee here.
- Please note that in regards to any returns or refunds, we can only accept tracking codes as valid proof of delivery, and the cost of returning a sale item cannot be refunded.
- If a chargeback is raised against you as a seller, we will request evidence of shipping and that the sale item was as described in the original listing, within 3 calendar days. If you fail to respond within this timeframe and/or we believe the buyer to have validly initiated the chargeback, we will proceed to process a refund for the buyer to the value of the sale item in question and a €20 chargeback fine will be deducted from your DoGood payment account to cover costs and time associated with processing a chargeback. If there are frequent or regular chargebacks to your account, we may investigate your compliance with our terms of service. This may result in termination of your account.
- Should you wish to appeal any decision by us in relation to this section of our terms of service, you should contact us here. You should be aware that we will only consider appeals where you can supply new, additional evidence to support your case.
7. Donation Rate
- The seller of any sale item will pay us the donation rate they initially chose when uploading the product. Any changes to this donation rate should be approved by us and the approval of such changes are entirely at our discretion.
- The donation rate chosen will act as a commission rate for using the service. The rate charged will include all additional shipping costs, taxes and charges.
- A seller may chose a donation rate of 10%, 20%, 30%, 40%, 50%, 60%, 70%, 80%, 90% or 100% only. Of this our payment partner Stripe will keep €0.25 + 1.4% on every transaction, with the remainder going to Surgeon Noonan Project U.C.C. For cards based outside the European Union, Stripe’s fee may be higher.
- Our commission will be deducted from your earnings.
- You may only request to withdraw funds 21 days after a transaction. This is to protect all our users and to maintain the safety and security of our site.
- The seller is solely responsible for the shipment or delivery of a sale item.
- We cannot be held responsible for any additional charges, taxes or other fees arising from delivery of an item.
- We are not responsible or liable for the loss of theft of any items listed on our site including thefts that occur at the point of delivery.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your own safety when delivering an item in person. You must choose a safe, public place for all deliveries and we cannot be held responsible for any damages, theft or injuries that occur during the delivery process.
- We are not responsible for late deliveries. You should contact your seller directly for updates on the delivery or shipment of your item.
9. Your Responsibility
- If Surgeon Noonan Project U.C.C. is sued due to any event, action or inaction by you (including a breach of these terms of service) then we have the legal right, at our discretion, to request that you indemnify us and hold us harmless from any legal claim or demand for costs or expenses that arise as a result.
10. Our Responsibility
- You alone decide whether to proceed with a purchase or a sale of a sale item. We make no commitments regarding sale items including the quality or delivery of the sale items, or for honouring (or for causing any seller to honour) any erroneous information regarding the price, availability, description of, or any information relating to any sale items listed on our website, or the ability of any buyer to complete the purchase of a sale item.
- Although we endeavour to keep this service available at all times, it is possible that there may be interruptions to the service. We are unable to guarantee that the service will be available at any time and we are not responsible for any loses that occur due to an interruption in our service.
- We are not responsible or liable for any loss or harm caused by viruses or other malware designed to impair the service.
- You may be able to access third-party links through the service. We are not responsible or liable for any third party links/products/websites or other that are accessed by you, you do so at your own risk.
- For any other claims arising out of the provision of the service (including without limitation any dispute between users in relation to any content you accessed via the service, or any other user you communicate or interact with), we do not accept any responsibility whatsoever, except where we cannot exclude, disclaim or limit our responsibility by law (such as death caused directly by our negligence).
- We are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage that is not reasonably foreseeable and we are not responsible for any indirect losses and/or business and financial loss or loss of reputation or goodwill that occurs as a result of using our service.
11. Termination of Service
- If at any time you decide you no longer agree to these terms of service or any changes made to these terms of service or the service, you are obliged to immediately stop using the service.
- If you need to end or deactivate your account and the use of our service, please contact our support team. We may require proof of identity and other documents to ensure the validity of the request before we terminate your account.
- We may immediately terminate your account if you do not follow our terms of service as outlined in this document.
- We may withdraw the service at any time and for any reason, without notice, and without liability to you.
- If you or we end your use of our service as described in this document, we may modify or delete your user content, account or any other information we have relating to you. You will lose any rights you have to use the service or access our content or your user content. You are not entitled to any compensation for your loses. You should also be aware that if your account is deactivated, some of your data may still appear within the service.
12. Complaints, Contact and Feedback
- If you need to contact us in relation to these terms of service or for any other issue or complaint you may contact us here.
- We love to hear from our users and we are always interested in receiving feedback so that we may improve our service. If you have feedback you can send it to us here. We are always glad to hear from you. However, by providing your feedback, you agree that you are giving up any rights you have in relation to your feedback so that we may allow others to use and analyse it without restriction and without any payment to you. This helps us to use your feedback to improve and update our site.